London is one of the most famous and beautiful cities in Europe, especially in Winter. Although the winter season mostly concerns the beautiful natural landscapes, seeing top places to visit London in winter may change your perspective. London is the one of those beautiful cities in winter that may make you fall in love with cities in Winter.
Last year, in December, I visited London in a group. As everyone was given a responsibility in the group, I was responsible for getting the air tickets done. I searched various online platforms for the ticket booking, and then came across an airline called the British Airways via Reservations Number. I found special deals for British Airways booking through Reservations Number. This travel website has also made the British Airways reservations pretty easy for me. To confirm the British Airways booking, I also checked with British Airways reservations phone number, and they thankfully confirmed my group booking.
The British Airways seat reservation process was a hassle-free experience with Reservations Number. Since the group check-in was a major task in the British Airways flight, we took up the online check-in for the process. Moreover, to manage the luggage limitations of each individual in the group, British Airways baggage policy given on the website helped greatly in managing the luggage.
When we reached London via British Airways reservations, each person in the group wanted to visit different places in London. Although we had our itinerary for the famous places to visit in London, every place in London may not look so great because of the Winter season. Moreover, the winter season comes with various holidays, and travelers who visit London frequently know that winter holidays’ celebrations in London are a treat to witness. Some of these celebrations include Christmas, New Year’s Eve, and Valentine’s Day. Hence, we took out the best places to visit in London for the months of Winter season.
Here is the list of the best things you can do during your London Stay.
- Visit City attractions: Being one of the historical places in Europe, London houses various kinds of tourist’s attractions scattered across the city. Some of the tourist’s attractions include British Museum, The Tower of London, Big Ben, Tower Bridge, Buckingham Palace, Palace of Westminster, St. Paul’s Cathedral, London’s Bridge, and Victoria and Albert Museum. Apart from the historical city attractions, there are other places to explore as well such as London Eye, Hampton Court Palace, Hop-on Hop-off Bus Tour, Prime Meridian Line in Greenwich, and the walking tour in London.
- Explore free-of-cost places: There are city attractions for which you may have to buy the tickets or pre-book. However, certain places in London does not require you to spend any bill, and you can visit them without any expenditure. Such places include Royal Parks in London; Thames Path where you can see various landmarks such as the House of Parliament; National Gallery; Annual More London Festival at The Scoop, William Morris Gallery, and The Tower Bridge Lift Up.
- City travel with Kids: If you are on a family trip or just exploring new places in London with kids, you can visit several kids’ friendly places such as Harry Potter’s Platform 9 ¾ at the King’s Cross Station, Dinosaurs and children’s farm at the Crystal Palace Park, Props from Harry Potter films at Warner Bros Studio Tour, Madame Tussauds London, Sea Life London Aquarium, Hampstead Heath, Victoria and Albert Museum of Childhood, and the Science Museum.
- Exciting part of London: If you have visited London before and this time, you want to explore the unusual and exciting part of it, then you will not be disappointed. In London, you can wander about in Royal Botanic Gardens and witness the rare plantations, visit the Up at the O2 to view London’s skyline, search for music landmarks in London, visit Wellcome Collection, and view London’s Roman Amphitheatre.
- Romantic spots in London: Alternatively, if you are on a romantic trip with your significant other, you can check out certain spots in London that will make your trip, a refreshing one. Some of these places include The View of The Shard to view London’s Skyline, Kyoto Gardens, Rooftop bars in London, London Helicopter for over sights of London, and Primrose Hill.
- Night life in London: If you are looking for exploring the London city at night, there are wonders that you can only witness at night. Some of these include West End musical, late opening of gallery or a museum, London Bars, London’s Sky Garden, and Sir John Soane’s Museum’s Candlelight tour.
- Catch events in London: Apart from the ever-existing places and parks in London, you can catch some of the most amazing events in London that add extra spice to the trip. If you are at the right time at right place, you can catch events like Chinese New Year celebrations in Chinatown, West End, and Trafalgar; St. Patrick’s Day in March, Bonfire Night on the 5th of November and the accompanied fireworks, Military Parade in Queen’s Birthday honour, Notting Hill Carnival, Wimbledon Lawn Tennis Tournament, Christmas, New Year’s Eve Fireworks, Music Festivals, and the popular Pride Festival in London.
If you want to explore the hidden gem of London, you must plan your visit once during the months of December to February. This is the time when the best places in London spark up a little more.
Moreover, if you are looking for the best deals and offers while booking your flights for London, you must check our British Airways bookings through Reservations Number.