We all know that amino acids are really essential for your body and are considered the building block of protein. The amino acids are divided into two categories, one is essential and the other one is non-essential (both of these are important for your body). The essential amino acids are not formed in the body on their own, unlike the non-essential amino acids. Therefore, one needs to have the former in the form of foods or supplements.
What is L-arginine?
L-arginine is a semi-essential or conditionally essential amino acid, which means that this macronutrient becomes essential under certain health conditions and circumstances. This nutrient is necessary for the production of nitric oxide in the body, which is a signalling molecule that is needed for performing numerous bodily functions. Nitric oxide is important for regulating proper blood flow, maintaining mitochondrial functions, improving cellular communications and much more. It is also required for the formation of T-cells (white blood cells) and plays a key role in improving your immune response.
What are the key benefits of using L-arginine supplements?
Here are some of the key benefits of L-arginine supplementation:
- Consumption of supplements that contain L-arginine can be really helpful for those who are into fitness as the enhancement of nitric oxide in the body can help to improve their performance.
- L-arginine supplementation can also benefit people with high blood pressure. According to studies it is found that this amino acid can help to regulate both diastolic (the bottom number) and systolic (the top number) readings of blood pressure.
- Our body’s L-arginine demand increases drastically when we are suffering from some chronic illness, trauma or any such health conditions. Consumption of supplements rich in this conditional amino acid can help to improve the level of L-arginine in the body.
- Regular consumption of L-arginine supplements can help in the development of T-cells that are responsible for improving the immune response of the body.
- L-Arginine supplementation can help in transporting the essential nutrients to different organs of our body, this ensures better nutrient absorption.
- L-Arginine supplementation can improve the level of nitric oxide in our body and thus help the blood vessels to pump more blood to different organs of the body.
- It can prevent loss of muscles and speed up the repair process as well.
- It is considered highly beneficial for people with diabetes as L-arginine can help to regulate the blood sugar levels in the body and the production of insulin.
- It can also be a potent supplement for the treatment of erectile dysfunction.
- L-arginine can also help pregnant women by preventing preeclampsia.
What are the foods rich in arginine?
Some of the best food sources of getting arginine naturally are Turkey, pumpkin seeds, pork, chicken, peanuts, dairy products, spirulina and soybean.
What are the best supplements for buying L-arginine?
You can get the best supplements from stores like HealthKart, MuscleBlaze, etc. here are a few supplements that you can try:
- HealthKart L Arginine
- MuscleBlaze L-Arginine
- GHC L Arginine 500 mg
- Muscle Epitome The Pumping Machine
- HealthXP Essential Series L Arginine L Citrulline
- INLIFE L-Arginine 1000 mg
- GNC L-Arginine (1000 mg)
- GAT L-Arginine
- Now L-Arginine (500 mg)
Conclusion: Know your body type as well as know how much dosage of l-arginine is needed for your body and consume the supplements as per requirement.
Thanks For Reading
More Read On Me4bot