Individuals are developing new operating systems every day. For this reason, you will realize that there is a need for the conversion of various formats to suit their use on different devices. Again, social media platforms accept varying video sizes and formats. Therefore, you will need to convert the format of your videos for a given reason.
You can either convert your videos online or download software on your Mac or Windows device. Again, you can convert your videos using apps on iPhone or Android gadgets. The need for DVD to MP4 conversion has led to development of software such as Wondershare UniConverter. Below are some easy ways of converting Videos on Windows:
- VLC Media Player
If you are a video lover, you must have heard of the VLC Media Player because it is a popular player used on different operating systems. It supports multiple audio and video formats. Additionally, it allows you to convert videos such as DVD to MP4 and vice versa. You can convert DVD to MP4 with VLC on your Windows 10 or Mac PC.
- Wondershare UniConverter
The steps to convert videos on VLC are simple and are highlighted below:
- Insert the DVD into your computer drive and open the VLC Media Player. From the tool’s main menu, tap on the Media tab then click on Open Disk. Alternatively, you can choose the Convert option from the Media button and then click the Disk button from the pop-up window.
- Check the “No disc menus” box under the Disc Selection menu. Click the “Browse” button to select the DVD location from your PC.
- Click the drop-down menu at the bottom of the window and select Convert.
- From the new pop-up window (under settings), select your preferred Profile format. Additionally, select the parameters of the output videos and the location you want to save them (under Destination File).
- Tap the Start button to convert your DVD to MP4.
Why VLC isn’t the Best?
Unfortunately, VLC isn’t originally designed for video conversion and hence some users consider it unprofessional. Below are the key challenges of using VLC as a converter:
- Unlike most of the video converters in the market today, the VLC is slow to convert videos. This makes it tedious to convert many videos.
- It supports limited formats and therefore you may want to convert your videos to formats that aren’t supported by VLC. The limits may disadvantage you when you need a specific format for a given use. You may therefore need an optional tool to help you out.
- It has limited features which make it unfavorable for some users who may want to edit their videos or add some special effects. VLC doesn’t allow you to customize your output files before converting.
What is the Solution to the Above Challenges?
Most of the tech-related problems have a solution. This is because there are thousands of developers who are spending sleepless nights solving digital problems. One of such problems is video conversion and compression.
If you want a professional video DVD to MP4 converter to substitute VLC, you can go for Wondershare UniConverter. This free-to-download and use video converter is professionally designed and is highly effective for all video-related tasks. It’s compatible with both Mac and Windows devices. This tool supports multiple formats and therefore useful for different video compressors. It is an all-in-one tool that is meant to solve multiple problems related to videos.
Features of Wondershare UniConverter.
- Supports more than 1000 file formats (both video and audio).
- It is 30X faster than the other converters.
- Works effectively on multiple operating systems.
- Batch file conversion saves the time needed to convert videos.
- Compress videos with customizable settings.
- A great screen recorder with multiple recording options.
How to Convert DVD to MP4 on Wondershare UniConverter.
- Insert the DVD into your computer drive and launch the Wondershare UniConverter free video conversion tool. Tap on the Video Converter followed by the Load DVD buttons and choose the disc you inserted from the drop-down menu.
2. From the pop-up DVD Load Model window, select appropriately; Main Movie or All Movies. Click the OK button.
3. Click an editing icon under the thumbnail’s image to trim, crop, cut, or add effects to your videos. After making the changes you wanted, tap on the OK button to confirm.
4. Choose the output format from the Output Format tab. Ensure to select the output resolution too.
5. Select the destination location for your converted videos.
With the demand for DVD to MP4 conversion on the rise, it is good to be sure of the tool that is most useful for you. Get a program that will give you the best output videos. The videos shouldn’t lose their original quality and the conversion speed should be outstanding. Try Wondershare UniConverter and enjoy its outstanding features.