HP printers are quite known for their reliability and efficiency; it is a brand that is well known for its services. Usually, you will not encounter any significant issues with the printer, but some instances occur when you get stuck. In such scenarios, the HP printer troubleshooting guide can surely help you. S0me issues like the HP printer not connecting or nor printing are common to occur. However, the best part is that these are common problems and can be resolved by common approaches. You don’t have to wait for any technical help; all this can be done easily. To know more about this, follow the entire blog and get rid of such issues.
Common Fixes for HP Printer Problems
We have a gamut of fixes that can be used to resolve various issues like the HP printer not connecting. So we enumerated some of the useful tips that you should use to avoid any further issues.
1. Cancel all HP Printer Jobs
Sometimes because of a huge number of printing jobs, the printer gets stuck. You may find the process of canceling printing jobs a bit technical, but it is simple to do. We have listed the steps that will guide you on how to cancel the printing job.
- Go to your device control panel and find the “device and printers” option.
- Under this, locate your printer and right-click on it.
- Now from the list of options, click on “See What’s Printing,” and after that new page opens, click on the printer “Menu” and select “Open as Administrator” from the dropdown.
- Once again, open the printer menu and select “Cancel All Documents,” You will immediately see a confirmation window and click on “Yes” to confirm the cancelation.
This one of the approaches that you can follow to resolve the HP printer not connecting. If this doesn’t help you, then look for another approach.
2. Update Drivers
Most of the issues can be resolved by this simple process only; if you are facing any issue, first go check for the version of your drivers. Usually, the outdated versions of printer drivers restrict most of the services. So it would be better to update them or reinstall them with their latest version, which will surely avoid any further issues in the future. Below we have listed the steps that you need to follow to update the drivers.
- Go to the search bar and enter “Run,” and in the dialog box, you need type “devmgmt.msc” and then click OK.
- Now you will see the “Window Device Manager” you just need to expand the category of “printer queues” and “printers.”
- Right-click on the name of your printer, and from the given list, select “Update driver.”
- Now wait for some time, and the update process will start; follow the on-screen instructions and complete the installation.
With this simple process, you can easily update your printer’s drivers and resolve most of the related issues. If this method of HP Printer troubleshooting guide doesn’t help you, then we have a third approach for you that you can use.
3. Check the Status of your HP Printer
This is one of the easiest and one of the vital steps that you need to take, set your printer as a “default printer” to avoid any such issues. So to set it as default, follow the given steps,
- Open the “Run” dialog box and type “Control Panel,” and hit the OK button.
- In the control panel, look for the “Devices and Printers,” and on the next screen, find the name of your printer.
- Right-click on the name of your printer and select “Set as the default printer,” and then proceed.
- After that, you will see a green tick below your printer icon, voila!
That’s all you need to do to set your printer as default; this HP Printer troubleshooting guide will help you to resolve most of the related issues.
More Read On Me4bot