Bing is one of the leading Search Engines after Google. It is owned by Microsoft and is a replacement for their previous Search Engine, Live Search. It was rebranded as “Bing” in the year 2009. Bing offers various search products as tools for searches of different kinds. These products are additional tools such as Bing Ads, Bing Dictionary, Webmaster Services and so on.
In this article, we would be going in depth about Bing Webmaster Tools and about a new feature. Here we will specifically share details about how Bing Webmaster Tools now gives you competitive link data that an SEO company can use to help you increase your website ranking.
What is Bing Webmaster Tools?
Bing Webmaster Tools is a service which is offered as a part of Bing Search Engine. It was previously known as Bing Webmaster Centre. It allows website to be added, indexed, to understand the site’s performance in Bing by analysing the clicks, impressions, views, etc, and so on. It also helps webmasters to manage the web crawling status and provides tools to them to troubleshoot issues during crawling and indexing, Sitemap creation and so on.
What are the various features of Bing Webmaster Tools?
The Webmaster Tools have the following features:
- Now faster indexing is possible by submitting multiple indexes in “Submit URL” features. The webmasters can submit up to 10,000 URLs per day.
- Any problems or errors related to crawling can be determined by the “Crawl Issues” feature.
- To access data with regards to their referring links, the webmasters use the “Backlink data”.
- Advanced Filtering helps webmasters to look deeper into the data.
- Data download helps in analysing the results.
- Sitemaps feature to check if it is viewed correctly.
- Keyword search tool feature is used to explore new keywords.
Other benefits of Bing Webmaster Tools are:
- Dashboard access
- Various reporting tools
- Diagnostic Tools to understand the analytical information
- Mobile Friendly
- Verification to check the genuineness of requests
Bing Webmaster Tools update on Backlinks:
Bing has introduced a new feature which will show users competitive backline data for similar sites or recommended sites. This feature will help in providing valuable competitive insights. This feature is called “Similar sites”. This feature allows a webmaster to compare his or her site’s backlinks to another site’s. It is also noted that the sites are not necessarily verified to check the site’s link profile.
The similar tool was launched by Yahoo Site Explorer earlier and then was removed. Later this was being relaunched by Bing. Now the launch of this feature will have significant effects has the backlinks that would be provided in the “Similar Tabs” are not always verified.
How to compare sites in Bing Webmaster Tools?
After logging in to the site, click on the Backlink tab and choose the “Similar Sites” tab. You have an option to add recommended or similar sites to compare. You will then get an overview of the comparisons.
This feature is predicted to be a big hit amongst the webmaster, and this is also said to have an advantage over other search engine service providers.
SEO for Bing:
SEO in Bing is similar to most of the other Search Engines. Although Bing does not have the major market share, what it offers is unique and better, comparatively. They are:
- The services offered for Video Searches. There is a proper defined tagging with smart preview.
- The image search in Bing are categorised as 2: Query related search and visual related search. It has more comprehensive search. This gives Bing the credit of the best optimised content related to media.
- On a specific search, Bing provides a summarised content from different sources. It also provides content of different perspectives for comparison and highlights the definitions of various words that are technical in nature or not commonly used.
- In comparison with Google, the featured snippet is more structural.
The other different things are:
- Bing broadly focuses on targeted keywords to understand which lessens the chances of search accuracy.
- In Bing search ranking can see considerable amount of impact because of the usage of meta tags. It increases your performance in SEO of Bing.
- All though high – quality backlinks are important in all Search Engines the judgement of the quality is different in Bing. Bing mainly focuses on the age of the domain, extensions and so and on whereas most of the other Search Engines go by the ranking of the site or the page.
The Webmaster Tools helps you perform various SEO activities. Now, diagnosing and analyzing the website and understanding the generated report is easier with Bing Webmasters Tools.