Lemon and Raspberry is a very famous combination and after tasting this delicious cake, you will also know the reason behind it. The sweetness and tanginess in the same bite of dessert is sure to take your taste buds to a different level. With the lip-smacking taste of the cake, this cake is picture perfect and insta worthy as well. We know that now you are craving to taste this delectable beauty and we won’t keep you waiting any longer. Scroll down as we have shared the best and easy Lemon Raspberry cake recipe.
- 2 ¼ cups all purpose flour
- 2 tsps baking powder
- 12 tbsp unsalted butter at room temperature
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 2 eggs at room temperature
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pure lemon extract
- 1 ¾ cup granulated white sugar
- 4 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- ¾ cup buttermilk
- 3 tsps lemon zest
- ½ cup raspberry jam
Whipped Cream Frosting
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2-3 tbsp granulated white sugar or to taste
Recipe / Instructions
- Oil two 8 inch round cake containers by spreading non-stick oil. Put in aside.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C.
- In a container filter together all purpose flour, salt, baking powder, and baking soda. Put it aside.
- Utilizing your hand blender beat together sugar and butter till fluffy and smooth.
- Include lemon extract, lemon juice, and lemon zest. Blend till all mixed properly.
- Begin adding the flour blend and mix alternatively with buttermilk, beginning and ending with flour.
- Partition batter similarly into the two readied 8 inch round cake containers.
- Bake at 180 degrees C for around 30 to 35 minutes or till a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Let it cool for around 5 minutes and afterward move onto a wire rack to cool totally.
- Let the cakes cool totally before you ice them.
Frosting / Icing
- Keep a container and the whisk attachment in the fridge for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Empty the heavy cream into the bowl and beat utilizing the whisk connection on high pace until it just begins to thicken.
- Lessen the speed to medium and include the sugar. Beat until delicate peaks form.
- Add the vanilla extract and beat on high pace till the cream stands straight when you hold the whisk above.
Assemble the Cake
- Place one layer of the cake with the level base part looking up.
- Spread the raspberry jam inside.
- Now place the other cake layer on top, with the level base part looking up.
- Delicately spread the whole cake with whipped cream icing.
- Add charm to it with raspberries and lemon slices.
So, that was the super easy recipe to prepare delicious Lemon Raspberry cake at home. Just gather all the required ingredients and by following this recipe, you are guaranteed to bake a delectable cake. If baking is not your thing, you can always head on to any reputed online bakery to order cake online in any city. Hope you liked the recipe. Share it with your dear ones to spread sweetness and deliciousness. Happy baking!