To keep a PC healthy, it is important to keep it optimized with updated drivers and apps & programs.
Outdated drivers can cause many problems and to ensure it doesn’t happen repeatedly, you’ll have to always consider timely updating the outdated or missing drivers on your Windows PC. Drivers are crucial components for a better Windows performance and are responsible for a seamless coordination between hardware and system. All the hardware requires its own driver and to ensure they work seamlessly, it is important to keep them up to date.
Keeping up with the latest drivers is a daunting task, but we have a few ways that can help you a bit. Let’s check them out.
How Can You Update Windows Drivers Automatically?
Update Drivers Using Windows Updates
To update all the outdated and corrupt drivers through Windows update, follow the steps below:
- Head to the Search bar located on the Taskbar.
- Type in Updates and double click on the first result that appears. Alternatively, you can head to Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update > Check for updates.
- If you find any available update, install them and restart your PC to apply changes.
Update Drivers through Device Manager
Another amazing way to update outdated drivers on Windows computers is through Device Manager. Here’s how to use Device Manager on Windows 10. Let’s have a look at the stepwise process:
- Press Windows + R keys together to open the Run window and type in devmgmt.msc and click OK.
- It will open the Device Manager.
- Then, look at the hardware you find problematic and click on the arrow to open the context menu.
- Again, right-click on the available hardware and click on Update Driver.
- You’ll then be asked how you would like to search for Drivers. Click on Search automatically for updated driver software.
- Your system will start looking for the latest available driver for your system.
- Wait for the process to complete and restart your PC to apply changes.
When you’re done with the manual approaches, it is the right time to hit the best driver updater utilities for Windows. We’re listing down our favorite here. Have a look.
Use A Driver Updater Tool- Advanced Driver Updater
Last, but not least, you can try using Advanced Driver Updater- a robust driver updater utility for Windows users. It not only scans your system inside out for outdated drivers but also enhances the overall system performance. You can choose from its free or paid versions depending on your requirements. Here’s how to use Advanced Driver Updater to update all your Windows drivers in a go.
- Download and install Advanced Driver Updater using the link below.
- Launch the app, once it’s installed and you’ll see an overview window.
- Here click on Start Scan to quickly look for outdated drivers on your system.
- The process will take a little longer depending on the number of outdated, corrupt or missing drivers on Windows.
- Once the scan completes, you’ll see a list of drivers that needs to be updated. Click on Update All to quickly update them all at once.
- After all your drivers are updated, it is recommended to restart the system to get everything back on the right track.
Now, you can use any of the hardware smoothly on Windows PC. Isn’t it quite an easy and smooth process to update all outdated Windows drivers at once?
So, this ends our article on how to update drivers on Windows. We have included two best manual ways along with one of the best driver updater software for Windows. However, you can also choose to update the latest version of drivers from the manufacturer’s website directly.
You can choose from any of the ways above and let us know in the comments below which one you find the best. Do you find us helpful? For any queries, suggestions or feedback, feel free to connect.
Thanks For Reading
More Read On Me4bot