How to read deleted WhatsApp messages is a question that’s been asked by millions of WhatsApp users around the world since the very first days of its existence. Thankfully, WhatsApp provides users with an in-app feature that allows them to recover their deleted messages with ease. This feature can be used both on Android and iOS devices and it works just as well on both platforms. In fact, it’s so easy to use that anyone can do it, even non-tech savvy users. If you wish to learn how to read deleted messages on WhatsApp, then follow this guide and see how easy it really is!
How to read deleted messages on whatsapp: To be able to see a deleted message, the person that sent it needs to have updated their app. You can tell if someone has updated the app if they are in your chat list. If you are not seeing any updates, then that means you need an update for your own version of the app. Simply go to App Store or Google Play and download the latest update from there.
For iOS users, press Settings > General > Software Update > Download and Install. Android users will find this button under Settings > About Phone> System Updates.
How to read deleted messages on Whatsapp? The truth is that it is actually possible to retrieve deleted messages on the app, but you need a few more tools and a lot of patience.
- – Connect your phone with the computer and open Whatsapp.
- – Download and install Whatsapp Backup Extractor on your computer.
- – Open the program and wait until it finishes connecting with your phone.
- – Select WhatsApp in the left panel. From the list of categories, select Media & message.
In the right pane, all of your sent messages will appear. If they have not been downloaded onto your computer yet (you can tell if they are blank), then select them by clicking on them one at a time, then press Ctrl+C to copy them from Whatsapp’s internal storage and into your system clipboard. Next, press Ctrl+V to paste them back into whatsapp’s folder on your system’s hard drive.
Follow these steps to see deleted messages on WhatsApp.
1) Open the app and click your recent chats tab.
2) Find the chat you want to read the message from
3) Tap and hold on one of the messages
4) A menu will pop up with options
5) Choose Show Info
6) The chat info page will show all messages, including ones that have been deleted .
7) You can now scroll through the list of messages
8) When finished reading, go back to this screen by tapping any other message
9) To delete a message in this view, long press it and then choose Delete
10) To delete an entire conversation (i.e., everything in the chat), long press the small circle next to one of its names and then choose Delete
In order for Whatsapp to be able to read the deleted messages, you need first create a backup of your data. To do this, open WhatsApp and go to Settings > Chats > Chat Backup > Back Up Now. Once your chat history is backed up, it will show in the list of chats under Backup. This list can be found at Settings > Chats > Chat Backup. If all media types are unchecked, then this means that your chats have not been backed up yet. You may want to manually back them up by going through Step 3 again. What does this mean? By checking off each type of media one-by-one (i.e. Voice Messages, Audio Messages, Photos), Whatsapp will back up only these types of media until it finishes backing up all selected items.